MACS-Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India is committed to the promotion of science and technology with emphasis on high standards of research and development activities for the benefit of human kind and the nation. The current research activities encompass biological sciences and focus on six thematic areas Biodiversity & Palaeobiology, Bioenergy, Bioprospecting, Developmental Biology, Genetics & Plant Breeding and Nanobioscience. MACS-ARI is currently offering the following regular positions to bright, dynamic and motivated persons to contribute to its mission and objectives. Details about the positions, pay allowances, academic qualifications, responsibilities, format of application and other general conditions are given below:
1. Post Code / Name of the Posts & Classification: LIO – Library & Information Officer Group-A
2. No. of Posts & Reserved for: 01 (UR)
3. Details of Position:
i. This is a regular position to be filled on Deputation basis failing which by Direct Recruitment.
ii. On Deputation : Officers under the Central Govt./ State Govt./ PSU/Autonomous Bodies. (i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre/department. OR
(ii) With five years regular service in post carrying level 10 of Pay matrix (Rs. 56100-177500) (pre-revised: PB-3 Rs.15600-39100+GP Rs.5400 in 6th CPC) in the parent cadre / department and possessing the educational qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruitment.
4. Period of deputation: Period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cader-post preceding this appointment in the same organization / department of the Central Govt. shall ordinarily not
exceed three years. The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of Promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
5. On Direct Recruitment : Essential Qualification:
(i) A Master’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
(ii) Master’s Degree or equivalent diploma in Library Science of a recognized University/Institute or equivalent.
(iii) 5 years professional experience in a supervisory capacity in a Library of reputation.
6. Desirable : Experience of computerizing library activities; handling Library Software etc
7. Pay & Allowances : Level 11 in the Pay Matrix (Rs.67700-208700) (Pre-revised Pay Band: PB-3; Rs.15600-39100 + GP 6600/-). Allowances as applicable for Institute employees of Corresponding status.
8. Job Responsibilities: The incumbent will be overall-in-charge for management and supervision of the Library. He/She will be responsible for management of all activities in library including conducting of library committee meetings purchase of books, organization and modernization of library or any other duties assigned by the competent authority from time to time. He/She will also look after overall supervision of works by the Library Staff etc.
Age: Deputation: Not exceeding 56 years. Direct Recruitment: Not exceeding 40 years.(Relaxable for Govt. servants/employees of Autonomous Institute upto 5 years)
Application Fee: For applications on Direct Recruitment basis a non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/- (except SC/ST and women candidates)
1. Relaxation in upper age limit by 05 years for SC/ST candidates and 03 years for OBC candidates, against the vacancies reserved for those categories only. Wherever vacancies are not reserved, SC/ST/OBC candidates may apply on par with UR candidates, in other words, no relaxations are available against UR vacancies. Departmental candidates; Ex-servicemen(ESM); Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD); Meritorious sports persons; widows; Divorced Women and judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders.
2. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC /EWS should submit a latest copy of Cast Certificate/Certificates and candidates who claim concession/ relaxation being PwBD and other categories of candidates as mentioned in sr.no. 3 above need to bring relevant certificates issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed proforma applicable for reservation/concession of jobs under the Government of India including all the certificates supporting for having acquired their equivalent educational qualification at the time of Interview.
3. There will be a probation period of one year which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
4. The pay and allowances & other benefits includes NPS, Medical reimbursement, LTC etc. are presently admissible as per rules of the Institute. Candidates selected will be governed under NPS Rules.
5. The experience requirement specified should be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
6. All educational, professional and technical qualifications should be from a recognized Board/ University.
7. Candidates employed in Central/State Government/Public Centre Undertakings/ Autonomous Bodies shall either forwarded their application through proper channel or/ produce NOC from their present employer at the time of interview. Candidates applying for deputation/ permanent absorption may invariably get their application forwarded through proper channel.
8. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
9. The officers selected for appointment on deputation may either retain their pay level applicable to them plus deputation allowance and other allowances as admissible in their parent cadre, or draw their pay in the appropriate pay level indicated against the post. The period and terms of deputation will be governed by standard terms of deputation as prescribed by Government of India from time to time.
10. It is for the candidates to ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria and comply with the requirements and adhere to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form in all respects. Candidates are therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and fill in the application form and submit the same as per the instructions given in this regard
The Director, Agharkar Research Institute, G.G. Agarkar Road, Pune – 411 004.
Selection Procedure :
1. Mere fulfilment of the minimum prescribed qualification and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being called for interview. Only the candidates shortlisted by a duly constituted Screening Committee will be called for interview. In case a large number of applications are received, the Competent Authority may limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher qualification or alternatively may arrange written screening tests for short-listing the candidates. The decision of the Competent Authority in this regard will be final. No interim inquiries in this regard will be entertained.
2. Selection will be based on Deputation
How to Apply :
1. Candidates fulfilling above conditions may apply in the prescribed format (Annexure-I for Direct Recruitment/Annexure II for Appointment on Deputation Basis) available on the Institute website www.aripune.org , along with self-attested copies of qualifications, certificates, Passport size photograph, certificate issued by competent authorities and send it to The Director, Agharkar Research Institute, G.G. Agarkar Road, Pune – 411 004. The envelope should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Library & Information Officer”.
2. For applications on Direct Recruitment basis a non-refundable application fee of Rs.500/- (except SC/ST and women candidates) to be paid online through https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/ icollecthome.htm or link available on Institute Website http://www.aripune.org (Pay application fees on SBI Collect under Announcements). Candidate should attach the receipt of online payment of fees and indicate the online receipt number in the application form. The Institute is not responsible for any incomplete/pending/failed transactions of online application fee payments and they may contact the concerned bank in this regard.
3. Last Date of submission of application within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News
4. The last date of submission of application will be “within 30 days from the date of publication of advertisement in the Employment News” to be published during the month of August 2020. For more details & application form, please refer ARI website www.aripune.org. Other terms & conditions of the post shall remain unchanged.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from Agharkar Research Institute, please click on the Apply Now button below.