BITS Pilani, K. K. Birla Goa Campus invites applications for the position of Sr. Accountant. The position details are as follows:
1. Post Name: Senior Accountant
2. Industry / Service: Higher Education
3. Job Type: Regular, Full time
4. Reporting to: In-Charge – Accounts
5. Will also work very closely with: Key Internal: Faculty, Staff, HR, Payroll, General Administration, ERP teams. Key External: Auditors, Vendors, Contractors, Projects team, Banks, Tax Agencies.
6. No. of Positions & Job Location: One Position in K.K. Birla Goa Campus
7. Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
i. Verification of payroll with respect to salary match with offer letter, revision, increment, deductions, statutory compliances like TDS/PF/ESI etc.
ii. Monthly Payroll MIS showing comparative with previous months and reason for deviations.
iii. Accounting of Payroll in books of accounts and disbursement of the same and TDS/PF/ESI Compliances like payment, returns and certificates.
iv. Checking and accounting invoices received from construction contractors and processing the payment to them.
v. Checking and accounting of reimbursement vouchers/various claims received from faculty/department as per University Rules & Policies.
vi. Accounting for expenditures, receipts & payments & other transactions on daily basis as per job assigned.
vii. Posting of bank entries and reconciling bank accounts on daily basis and follow up for unidentified entries
8. Qualification and Personal Profile: CA (Inter) OR Graduate in Commerce with minimum 10 years OR Post Graduate in Commerce with minimum 5 years of post-qualification accounting experience.
9. Other Skill and Ability Requirements:
i. Should have a good knowledge & understanding of the accounting function.
ii. Should have a sound knowledge of Taxation Matters – Income Tax, TDS, GST, etc.
iii. Should have the ability to work independently and as one of a team.
iv. Should possess excellent IT Skills, should be well versed with MS-Excel, MSWord and should be able to work in the ERP environment. (Preferably Tally ERP 9.0 & PeopleSoft ERP Module FSCM, CS & HCM)
10. Compensation: Suitable candidate will be placed in Level 6 with a minimum pay of Rs. 35,400/- per month plus DA and other benefits as per Institute Norms.