A PM-headed council will approve the civil services capacity building plans under Mission Karmayogi, the government said.
Here’s what the mission is about:
* Mission Karmayogi is a nationwide programme to lay the foundation for capacity building of civil servants so they remain entrenched in Indian culture while they learn the best practices across the world.
* Called the National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB), the mission seeks to transform Human Resource Management from ‘rules-based’ to ‘roles-based’.
* The aim of the mission is prepare the bureaucrats for the future and bring post-recruitment reforms in the government.
#MissionKarmaYogi:Under the @narendramodi government, India is set to have a new National Programme for Civil Serv… https://t.co/aeVvEQAXkQ
— G Kishan Reddy (@kishanreddybjp) 1599041002000
* Mission Karmayogi aims to prepare Indian civil servants for future by making them more creative, constructive, imaginative, innovative and proactive.
* The programme will also help in making the civil servants more professional, progressive, energetic, enabling, transparent and technology-enabled.
* Briefing media on the Cabinet decisions taken today, Union minister Prakash Javadekar said that with this mission, officers and employees in the government will get an opportunity to improve their performance.
* “Capacity Building Commission will be set up which will harmonise training standards, create shared faculty and resources & will have a supervisory role over all training institutions so that there’s common understanding of India’s aspirations & development goals,” said C Chandramouli, secretary, Department of Personnel and Training.