[ad_1]

NEW DELHI: The Army has rejected as “malicious and unsubstantiated” the allegations by “some quarters” on social media and elsewhere about PM Narendra Modi’s visit to the military hospital at Leh being stage-managed on Friday.
The PM, accompanied by Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and Army chief General M M Naravane, had visited the 153 General Military Hospital at Leh to interact with the 18 soldiers who were wounded in the skirmish with Chinese troops at Galwan Valley on June 15.
Citing the official pictures released, some took to social media to claim the hospital ward looked more like a hall, with a video projector and screen being clearly visible while no medical equipment could be spotted.
The Army, in an official statement on Saturday, said the hospital’s “training audio-video hall” had been converted into a ward ever since the hospital had been designated as a Covid-19 treatment facility, which required some wards to be converted into isolation facilities.
“The injured soldiers have been kept there since their arrival from Galwan to ensure quarantine from Covid-19 isolation facilities. The Army chief had also visited the injured in the same location earlier,” said the Army.
“It is clarified the said facility is part of the crisis expansion capacity of 100 beds and is very much part of the hospital complex. It is unfortunate that aspersions are being cast on how our brave armed forces are treated. The armed forces give the best possible treatment to their personnel,” it added.

[ad_2]

Source link