* Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union health minister said that India has performed over 15 million RT-PCR tests so far, and “we are now performing more than 0.35 million tests per day with a projected quantum of performing 1 million tests per day.”
* President Ram Nath Kovind today at Rashtrapati Bhawan flagged off Red Cross Relief Material for people affected by flood & Covid-19 in Assam, Bihar & Uttar Pradesh.
* Ministry of home affairs has issued an advisory for Independence Day celebrations, asking all government offices, states, governors etc to avoid congregation of public and use technology for the celebrations.
* Allahabad HC dismissed PIL seeking stay on the Bhumi Pujan ceremony of Ram Temple in Ayodhaya in-view of the Unlock 2.0 guidelines. The plea noted that an estimate 300 people will be attending this event violating the guidelines.
* All rail tickets, including platform tickets, will now come with a QR code for contactless entry to stations and trains on the lines of airports.
*As Covid signs widen, doctors say partial symptoms should be taken seriously.
* About 400,000 airline workers have been fired, furloughed or told they may lose their jobs due to the coronavirus.
* Ministry of Civil Aviation has extended capping of fares for flight tickets on domestic routes till November 24 or until further orders.
* Serum Institute of India is planning to manufacture 2-3 million doses of Oxford Covid-19 vaccine by end of August.
* Indian Premier League 2020 will be played from September 19-November 8. Brijesh Patel, IPL Chairman, said that it will be a full-fledged tournament.
* Financial sector stability is a prerequisite for giving confidence to businesses, investors, consumers, says RBI governor Extreme risk aversion will have adverse outcomes for all, said RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das in Financial Stability Report.