Subject: Filling up of one (01) post of Investigator (Communal Harmony Cell) in Counter Terrorism and Counter Radicalization (CTCR) Division dtMinistry of Home Affairs on Deputation or Absorption, failing which by direct recruitment’ basis-reg.
1. Name of the Post: Investigator (Communal Harmony Cell)
2. No. of post: 01 (One)
3. Pay Scale: Level-6 in the Pay Matrix (Rs. 35400-112400/-). (Pre-revised: Pay Band-2, Rs.9300-34800 and Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-).
4. Duties and Responsibilities of the post:
(i) Collection, compilation and analysis of data relating to servicing the National Level Committee of Communal Harmony.
(ii) Monitoring the implementation of the recommendation of the Committee.
(iii) Collection, compilation and analysis of data relating to activities of religious fundamentalist organizations including field visits.
(iv) Preparation of Cabinet Note regarding activities of religious fundamentalist organizations and other matters.
(v) Setting up of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal.
(vi) Assisting the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal in its sittings at Delhi and outstation with protocol & liaison with State Governments/UTs.
(vii) Gazette Notification of orders of Tribunal and executive orders.
(viii) Administrative & establishment matters pertaining to autonomous organization.
(ix) Regular updation of database on the above.
(x) Action against Government Servants and Public Sector employees for participation in political and subversive activities of a communal nature.
5. Eligibility: Officers under Central Government:
(a) (i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis; OR (ii) With six years’ regular service in Level-5 in the Pay Matrix (pre-revised: PBI , Rs.5200-20200/- and Grade Pay of Rs.2800) or equivalent; OR (iii) With ten years regular service in Level-4 in the Pay Matrix (pre-revised: PB-1 Rs. 5200-20200/- and Grade Pay of Rs.2400) or equivalent; AND (b) Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:
6. Essential: Bachelor’s Degree with one of the Social Sciences as a subject, viz. Sociology/ Social work/ Anthropology/ Economics/ Geography/ Mathematics with Statistics.
(i) (a) A Post Graduate Degree in any of the subject mentioned in ‘Essential’ qualifications, OR
(b) Post Graduate Diploma in Social Service or Science from a recognized University or any other Institute like Tata Institute of Social Science.
(ii) Two years experience in processing and analysing Statistical data in Government Departments or two years’ experience in conducting Socio-economic Surveys/studies.
(iii) General acquaintance of problems relating to Communal Harmony in the Country.
8. (The period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other department/organization shall ordinarily not exceed 3 years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation/ transfer shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.)