Applications are invited for Project Associate (PA) to work in the research project entitled ‘Cost effective sustainable process for microalgal based γ-linolenic acid production from microalgae through biorefinery approach’.
(A) No. of post for Project Associate I: (2 posts) (CSIR, New Delhi, Sponsored Project).
1. Position: Project Associate I
2. Fellowship: Rs. 31000/- pm + HRA as per CSIR guidelines. The HRA is payable only if no hostel accommodation is available.
3. Essential qualifications: Masters Degree in Natural/Agricultural Sciences/MVSc or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from Recognised University or equivalent.
4. Desirable: Candidates having research experience in the area of Microalgal Biotechnology or Valorisation of Microalgal Biomass and experience in the area of microbial fermentation for biopolymer production would be preferred. The selected candidate will have to work on the project entitled “Cost effective sustainable process for microalgal based γ-linolenic acid production from microalgae through biorefinery approach”. The candidate would be working in purification of γ-linolenic acid, microbial production of biopolymers, nutraceutical formulation, process development and demonstration of the above processes.
5. Job Requirement: Competence in isolation of microalgae and optimization of their media components for higher PUFA production, purification of γ-linolenic acid, microbial synthesis of biopolymers.
6. Duration: These positions are purely temporary up to 31/03/2022. It would, not confer any right/claim implicit or explicit for any candidate for claiming absorption in CSIR- CSMCRI.