Filling up of the post of Director (Farm lnformation) in Directorate of Extension, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation& Farmers Welfare by Composite Method.
1. One post of Director (Farm lnformation) in the pay scale of Rs.15600-39100 (pB-3) + Grade Pay of Rs.7600/- (Level 12 in Pay Matrix recommended by 7th CpC),General Central Service, Group A, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial in Directorate by Extension, pusa, New Delhi is proposed to be filled up by Composite method [Deputation (lncluding short- term contract) plus promotionl from amongst the officers under the Central Government or state Governments or Union-territories or Public Sector Undertakings or Agricultural Universities or Recognized Research lnstitutions or Councils or Semi-Government or Autonomous or Statutory Organisations :-
2. Post Name: Director (Farm lnformation) – 01
3. Pay Scale: pay scale of Rs.15600-39100 (pB-3) + Grade Pay of Rs.7600/- (Level 12 in Pay Matrix recommended by 7th CpC)
4. (i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or,
(ii) With five years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in posts in pay Band-3 (Rs. 1560039100) + Grade pay Rs.6600/_ (Level 11 in Pay Matrix recommended by 7th CPC)or equivaient in the parent cadre or department; and
5. Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:-
Essential: (1) Master’s Degree in Agriculture or Agricultural Extension from a recognized University or lnstitute;
(2) Ten years’experience in Agricultural Extension including Farm Communication.
6. Desirable: (i) Doctorate Degree in Agriculture or Agricultural Extension including Farm communication from a recognized Univeriity or lnstitute.
ii. Two years’ experience of work relating to agricultural information, mass media, farm extension literature, agricultural exhi6itions, audio-visual materials and agricultural films.
7. The Departmental Joint Director (Farm lnformation) in pay Band-3 (Rs.15600- 39100)+ Grade Pay ofRs.6600l(Level 11 in Pay Matrix recommended by 7th cpC) with five years regular service in the grade shall also be considered along with outsiders and if he or she is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
8. Duties attached to the post of Director (Fl) are as under:
(i). To supervise the overall activities of Farm lnformation Unit of Directorate of Extension.
(ii).The activities lnvolve publication of journals and Ad-hoc publications including posters/charts and booklets of DOE and DAC in English and Hindi, National Productivity Awards, organization and participation in llTF, lnternational, National, Regional level exhibitions/Fairs and other Ad-hoc exhibitions/fairs being organized by DOE, other Government Departments/Organization and private sector agencies including lndustry Associations, Providing technical and financial support to and private sector/organizations for organizing seminars/ workshops /conferences/ meets etc. Release of press Advertisements on different programmes/activities of DAC in different national, regional and local newspapers through DAVP.
(iii). To participate in different exhibitions/ fairs/export at Delhi and other parts of the country by setting up exhibition stall for display of activities of the department.