NEW DELHI: Retirement fund body EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation) has enabled its online services to allow subscribers to check their account balance from the comfort of their homes amid the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Registered EPFO subscribers can know their latest PF contributions and available balance either by sending an SMS (short messaging service), giving a missed call, using mobile application or by logging in to their website. Additionally, they can also obtain EPF statements.
Here are the four easy ways to check your EPF balance:
1) Check EPS balance through SMS
* EPFO member having an activate UAN (Universal Account Number) can send an SMS at 7738299899 to know the balance
* SMS must be sent from the registered mobile number
* The facility is available in 10 languages including English (default), Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Bengali.
* Format of the SMS should be: “EPFOHO UAN LAN”, where LAN stands for the first three characters of the preferred language. For receiSMS in any of the languages other than English, first three characters of the preferred language needs to be added after UAN. For example, “EPFOHO UAN TEL” for receiving SMS in Telugu.
2) Check balance via missed call
* Members registered on the UAN portal may get their EPFO details by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number.
* Members must have any one of the following KYC against their UAN –bank account number, Aadhaar number or PAN (permanent account number)
* There is no charge for this service. Call will get disconnected automatically after 2 rings on the above number and members will get their EPF details.
3) Through EPFO website
* A registered EPFO member can visit the EPF passbook portal and login using UAN and password.
* Make sure UAN is activated. UAN is provided by the EPFO but is verified and activated by the employer.
* Passbook balance will be displayed on the screen.
4) Using Umang app
Umang (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) provides a single platform for all Indian citizens to access pan India e-governance services ranging from Central to local government bodies and other citizen centric services.
* Employees can download the Umang app in their phones and go to EPFO option.
* Click on ‘Employee Centric Services’ then select ‘View Passbook’.
* Login with UAN to view your passbook.