1. Opening date for on-line Registration of applications : 10.08.2020
2. Last date for on-line Registration/submission of application. : 31.08.2020
3. Last date for submitting the hard copy/print out of online application and supporting documents to the Registrar, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143005 (Pb.) : 08.09.2020
1. Candidates Are Required To Apply In The Online Mode Only Through Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar Website Www.gndu.ac.in. No Other Means / Mode Of Application (Through Post, Email, Fax, Deposit Of Cv Etc.) Will Be Accepted. Applicants Are Required To Take Two Printouts Of The Online Application Form. Affix The Same Passport Size Photograph (Which Was Uploaded With The Online Form) On It And Send A Copy To ‘the Registrar, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar143005’, Punjab Along With Self Attested Copies Of All The Certificates Of Educational/ Professional Qualifications (Degrees And Dmc’s With Conversion Formula Of Cgpa/ogpa), Experience Certificate, Reserve Category Certificate (Reservation Certificate Issued By The Competent Authority As A Proof Of Claiming The Reserve Category As Made In The Online Application Form) Etc. Keep The 2nd Copy With Him/her.
2. Copy of circular containing detailed instructions, qualifications, etc. for the posts, is available only at http://www.gndu.ac.in.The qualifications for all the teaching posts are as per UGC norms.
3. IMPORTANT: Applicants for the posts of Director-HRDC, Professor, Associate Professor & Deputy Director Physical Education must attach the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) Proforma as indicative Appendix III Table II(B)/V(B) as per UGC (4th amendment), Regulations, 2016 (duly filled-in all respects by them) and attested copies of supporting documents, with hard copy of their application form to be submitted as per note 1 above.
4. Candidates for the post(s) of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Deputy Director Physical Education must also fill the Score Card Proforma, which is an essential component of the application form. Score Card Proforma available at University website http://www.gndu.ac.in
5. The Candidates for the Post of Director, HRDC must also fill the Score Card Performa prescribed for the Post of Professor which is available at University Website: http://www.gndu.ac.in)
6. A Candidate needs to Register only once by filling Registration Form, even if he/she wishes to apply for more than one post/ department/campuses.
7. Candidates must have a valid Email-ID of his own, which should be active throughout the recruitment process. Candidates should keep checking the Inbox or even the Spam box of his/her Email ID regularly during the recruitment process as the University may send any important intimations on the University Website and/or through Email. Candidates should also check the University website regarding any updates during the recruitment process. Candidates should check their Email account for updates. GNDU will not be responsible for any loss of Email sent, due to invalid/wrong Email Id provided by the candidates or for delay/ non receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his/her email/website in time. Candidates are requested in their own interest to remain in touch with the University website www.gndu.ac.in. Issuance of notifications in the newspaper is not obligatory on the part of the university
8. Candidates should take utmost care to furnish the correct details while filling in the online application. Any mistake committed by the candidates shall be his/her sole responsibility.
9. The candidates should ensure the completion of all the steps of the registration process and depositing of application fee by the stipulated date and time given in the advertisement.
10. Please scan your Photograph and Signatures individually and save them in the JPEG format. The size of any of these individual images should not exceed 100 kb (photograph) and 100 kb (signature) for online uploading.
11. Please keep the following details ready with you before clicking on the registration button for starting your online application:- a. Personal details including Date of Birth and Nationality b. Mobile Number c. Valid Email ID d. Reservation Category Details e. Percentage of your Educational Qualification starting from Matriculation examinations to onwards. (Please calculate percentage from CGPA/OGPA in advance). f. Soft Copies of scanned Photograph and Signatures.
12. Application fee once paid shall neither be refunded under any circumstances nor it shall be held reserve for any other recruitment or selection process in future.
z13. Before applying for the post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility.
14. Persons already in service must apply online and send the hard copy of application through their employer. All those candidates working in organizations/institutions including affiliated colleges of the university may be allowed to appear in interview without “No Objection Certificate” with the condition that in case the candidate is selected, no extension in joining time will be allowed. Such candidates are required to give an undertaking on the format available on university website: All such candidates will be given standard joining time i.e. one month from the issuance of appointment letter.
15. The candidates are required to apply separately for each post earmarked for each Deptt.
16. Incomplete applications not duly substantiated with supporting documents in any respect or hard copy of application received after the due date will not be entertained.
17. University reserves the right to fill or not to fill up the posts and to call only suitable number of candidates for interview/counseling.
18. The number of posts can be increased or decreased.
19. Bio-Data of any candidate can be placed before the Selection Committee.
20. Mere applying and satisfying the essential/ minimum qualification required for a post does not entitle the candidate any right of appointment.
21. The University shall verify the antecedents/documents submitted by the candidates at the time of appointment or any time during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted are fake or the candidate has a clandestine background and has suppressed the said information, his/her services shall be terminated forthwith.
22. The candidature of the candidate for reserve category will be considered only for the category he/ she has applied online/offline. Under No Circumstances, reserve category of the candidate will be changed. No request in this regard will be entertained.
23. A relaxation of 5% is admissible at the Graduate and Master’s level for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes candidates.
24. The screening criteria and template to be used by the selection Committee for academic record and research performance etc. are also available on the University Website.
25. Candidates within India may not be considered in absentia.
26. Reservation Policy for direct recruitment will be followed as per instructions issued by the Govt. of Punjab and adopted by this university. The benefits of reservation policy will be given to the residents of Punjab State only. The SC/ST/OBC/PWD, etc candidates are required to attach the relevant certificate issued by the competent authority as a proof of claiming the reserved category as made in the online application form along with Punjab Domicile Certificate/Punjab Residence Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
27. Candidates claiming Backward Class Category will have to submit the photocopy of their latest valid BC certificate issued by the competent authority.
28. Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
29. Any dispute with regard to the selection/recruitment process will be subject to the courts/tribunals having Jurisdiction of Amritsar.
30. The candidates who have already applied for the posts being advertised vide this advertisement, in response to Advt. No. 04/2019, Advt. No. 9/2019, Advt. No. 10/2019 & Advt. No. 1/2020 need not apply again. If they want to add some additional information, then they are required to apply afresh.
31. Government of Punjab has issued a Notification No. 7/42/2020-5FP1/741-746 dated17.07.2020 vide which it is in process of revising the pay scales of Regular Employees of Government of Punjab as well as Autonomous Bodies i.e. Universities. Because of this notification the pay scales are not mentioned in the Advertisement no. 4/2020 issued by Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar for candidates who apply for regular posts. Guru Nanak Dev University will provide the information to the Candidates regarding the pay scales before the date of Interview as and when it is received from Government of Punjab. At present, the recruitments in Guru Nanak Dev University is governed by “UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2010”. The University Grants Commission has notified the “UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2018”. The recruitment of the teaching faculty would be done on the basis of Regulations in force on the date of interview.
32. For any enquiry regarding online application form, (For Technical Enquiry regarding filling online application form) and 3099 (For General Enquiry regarding advertisement) Timing: 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. in working days.