Teachers not only ensure to bring out the best in their students, but they are precisely the reason why so many people go on to achieve greater things in their lives. They are most certainly the wind beneath our wings.
To honour and mark the innumerable contributions of our teachers and educators, Teachers’ Day is celebrated every year on September 5. It is a special day for the appreciation of teachers and includes celebrations to honour them for their contribution in a particular field or society. In India, while Guru Purnima is traditionally observed as a day to pay respect to teachers, the birthday of the second president of India, Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (5 September) is celebrated as Teachers’ Day since 1962.
This Teachers’ Day, we are sharing some chosen quotes, heartfelt messages, wishes, and greetings to send out to your teachers to pay your respect to them.
1. You have always been an excellent educator who knew exactly how to illuminate a soul with its own light. Happy Teachers’ Day to my favorite teacher!
2. Our parents gave us life and it was you who taught us how to live it. You introduced honesty, integrity, and passion to our character. Happy Teacher’s Day 2020!
3. Dear teacher, you have been a great mentor and guide and have shaped my career well. I thank you for your effort and hope you remain a superb mentor for others also. Happy Teachers’ Day!
4. Thanks for being our safe zone, someone who tried to be our friend first and a teacher later! We all owe you so much! Happy Teachers’ Day!
5. You’ve taught me everything I know. Because of you I don’t think that studying is boring, because of you I feel packed with knowledge and wisdom. My life wouldn’t be the same without you. After all, it’s all that matters. Happy Teacher’s Day!
6. Having you as my teacher is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. Your support and understanding made me feel like I’m enough. I’m feeling very grateful and filled with happiness, and you are the reason. Thank you for everything. Happy Teacher’s Day!
7. “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher that will be the biggest honor for me.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
8. “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression & knowledge.” – Albert Einstein
9. “I have always felt that the true text-book for the pupil is his teacher.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.” – Bill Gates
11. “One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
12. “Those who educate children well are more to be honored than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.” – Aristotle