Applications are invited through e-mail for the appointment of Research Associate-I in the School of Physical Sciences, IACS by 21st August, 2020.
1. Name of the post : Research Associate-I
2. Number of post : One (01)
3. Research Area : Porous Nanomaterials
4. Essential Qualifications : A candidate should have a first or high second class M. Sc. degree in Chemistry, with minimum average of 55% marks in both B.Sc.(Hons.) and M.Sc. examinations, along with a good overall academic record and has obtained Ph.D. or awaiting Ph.D degree, with research experience supported by publications in peer-reviewed journals in the field of Porous Nanomaterials. A candidate who has already submitted his/her Ph.D. thesis and expecting to get the degree very soon may also apply with a separate declaration letter given by the candidate’s supervisor mentioning the status of his Ph.D. thesis report. This has to be submitted by the candidate along with his/her application.
5. Fellowship: : `47,000/- (for RA-I) or ` 35,000/- (Bridge Fellow) per month + HRA as per rules of the Association.
i) A selected candidate holding a Ph.D. degree at the time of joining will receive the fellowship of the RA-I position from the date of joining.
ii) A selected candidate who is yet to receive Ph.D. degree may join only if his/her thesis is submitted and degree is awaiting. Such candidates will draw a fellowship amount as appropriate to a bridge fellowship as per the rules of IACS and will be eligible to receive the full RA-I fellowship from the award date of the doctoral degree, supported by documentary proof.
6. Tenure of Fellowship: 4 months from the date of joining as RA-I / Bridge Fellow, as per the rules of the Institute.