Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli is the eleventh IIM established under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The Institute offers a congenial and professional working environment. The Institute invites applications for the following non-teaching positions on-contract / regular basis:
1. Name of Post: Chief Administrative Officer (On-contract)
2. No. of posts: 01 UR
3. Tenure: Initial appointment will be for a period of 2 years. The contract may be extended annually based on Institute’s need and candidate’s performance. However, the total service period cannot exceed five years.
4. Pay Scale: Consolidated salary will be fixed between Rs.1,10,000/- to Rs.1,35,000/- based on experience and qualification.
5. Required Educational Qualification and experience: Essential:
i. Post-graduate degree in any discipline with at least Second Class (50% marks) with a postgraduate diploma in management from a reputed University / Institute OR Post-graduate degree in Law / Management (MBA) from a reputed University / Institute OR Engineering graduates with a degree / diploma in management.
ii. Should be excellent in oral and written communication in English.
iii. Should be proficient in man-management with excellent interpersonal skills. Desirable: Proficiency in MS Windows & MS Office and Internet.
i. At least 15 years of post-qualification experience in heading administration of a government department or reputed Management Education Institute / University / College / Commercial organization of national / international repute, out of which at least 10 years in the Grade Pay of Rs.6600 (Level-11).
7. Desirable: Relevant experience in any IIM / IIT and other institutes of national / international repute in the Grade Pay of Rs.6600 (Level-11) is desirable. Senior Professionals who are recently retired and having relevant work experience may also be considered.
8. Job Profile: Chief Administrative Officer at IIM Tiruchirappalli should be dynamic, selfmotivated, and professional to provide total administrative support for all the activities of the Institute. The position calls for a person with maturity and integrity and above all a rich experience in similarly placed academic institutions. The CAO is required to lead a team of Officers in the Institute and guide them in their day to day activities and to coordinate with the academic and administrative activities including personnel, general administration, estate management, engineering, construction, stores & purchase, contract services. He/She will be responsible for conducting the Board meetings and follow-ups. He/She must have a thorough knowledge of GFR, FR&SR and relevant Central Government rules & procedures.
9. Campus accommodation may be provided subject to availability with applicable license fee.