Advertisement for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) position for a SERB-CRG project:
1. Posts: Junior Research Fellow
2. Title of the project: Radicals of Heterocyclic Compounds and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) – Photochemistry and Thermochemistry Using Matrix Isolation IR and UV-Vis Spectroscopy and Computations
3. Essential Qualification: M.Sc or equivalent in any Chemistry with GATE/CSIR-NET/JRF qualification. Candidate with experience in spectroscopy, computational chemistry, vacuum systems, instrumentation, and maintenance is highly desirable. Candidate should be motivated to work in the areas of synthesis, spectroscopy, and computations, and equally possess the strong desire to work as a team and involve in the maintenance of the equipment. Since the position is immediate, those candidates waiting for results may not apply.
4. Work description: The work involves the synthesis of precursors, obtaining the target reactive intermediates through matrix isolation in combination with spectroscopic techniques. Photochemical and pyrolysis methods will be adopted in this regard. Photochemistry and thermochemistry aspects will be studied for both target and other relevant intermediates. Computations will be carried out in understanding the stability, reactivity and mechanistic aspects as well as for spectral interpretation of various reactive species involved in the project.
5. Emoluments: Emoluments as per DST norms.
6. Duration: For one year (extendable up to three years).