Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country. The Institute invites applications for the following positions on contract basis:
1. Name of Post: Project Assistant
2. Name of Project: CRISPR/Cas9 based whole genome screening for response to drug treatment
3. Minimum Educational qualification ( as prescribed by the funding agency): i. Masters degree preferably in Biotechnology or any area of Biological Sciences with minimum of 60% marks. ii. Candidates who have qualified CSIR-UGC NET-JRF/LS, or GATE (with a valid score) will be preferred.
4. Preference: Should commit to work for atleast six months. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in 1) handling human and mouse cell lines. 2) bioinformatics (able to set up pipelines for NGS data (targeted resequencing, transcriptome, ChIP) analysis 3) molecular biology and statistical knowledge
5. Number of post: 1
6. Fellowship amount: Rs. 31000 /- month (for National eligibility qualified), Rs 25000 (without National eligibility qualification) No HRA will be provided
7. Tenure of the post: 1 year or till the end of the project duration