On 06/08/2020, IISER Tirupati announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed M.Sc for the position of Project Associate I.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati is an Institute of National Importance under Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country. Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on contract basis:
1. Name of the Post: Project Associate – I
2. Name of the project: Development of an electrospray-ionization based ion-trap setup for first measurements of absolute photodetachment cross-sections of molecular anions of biological relevance
3. Essential: M.Sc. in Physics (any specialization) or Chemistry (specialization in Physical Chemistry) or an equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks / equivalent grade
4. Desirable: A valid CSIR-UGC NET (including LS) score in Physics OR a valid GATE score in Physics OR selection through national level examinations conducted by central government institutions (IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.). Candidates having a good understanding of quantum mechanics and atomic & molecular physics, experience in vacuum technology, laboratory electrical equipment, and electronics.
5. Fellowship: Rs. 31,000 + 8% HRA per month (Consolidated)
6. Tenure: The position is temporary and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance. The position is co-terminus with the project.
7. Description: The project involves the development of an experimental setup that will be used for performing various experiments using atomic/molecular systems relevant to biophysics in gas-phase. For more information see http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/people/faculty/sunil.php
1. Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Tirupati.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
7. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
8. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
9. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
10. Candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular Ph.D. program of IISER Tirupati, provided they satisfy eligibility criteria.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Transit Campus: Sree Rama Engineering College Campus, Karakambadi Road,
Mangalam B.O., Tirupati – 517 507, Andhra Pradesh.
Selection Procedure :
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email for interview.
How to Apply :
1. Applicants should send their application by email addressed to [email protected] attaching duly filled application form available below this advt. (converted into PDF) on or before the last date i.e., August 27, 2020 by 5.00 p.m. Please mention the name of the Post and Project Code in the subject line. No other application form will be accepted.
2. The print-out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. would be collected at the time of interview. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for verification, along with one set of photocopies.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from IISER Tirupati, please click on the Apply Now button below.