1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at IIT Gandhinagar
2. Project title: Fabrication and characterizations of hierarchically porous Zirconia
3. Project description: Zirconium oxide is a dental implant material due to its excellent biocompatibility, tissue integration and ease to fabricating complex shapes. Nevertheless, less has been researched on its friction and wear properties as well as on the wetting/adhesion of bacteria and liquids. To evaluate those properties, it is important to firstly fabricate Zirconium oxide tooth (mimicking real human tooth) as a single phase or a composite. Therefore, our group Functional Materials Laboratory (FML) at Materials Science and Engineering Department at IITGN is looking for a motivated Junior Research Fellow (JRF) to fabricate hierarchically porous Zirconia using colloidal processing and sintering processes. Characterizations will have to be performed using dynamic light scattering experiments, SEM, BET, Zeta potential, rheometer, FTIR, contact angle goniometer, hardness indenter etc. The candidate must have prior experience in one or more of these topics-powders processing, colloidal processing, characterization skills. The candidate should be open to learning new techniques and ready for team work and should be curious in this topic. Based on the dedication of the student and project progress, the candidate can convert/do a Ph.D. in this topic at IITGN after/during JRF tenure.
4. Eligibility: An M. Tech/M.Sc. in Materials Science/Chemical/Chemistry or allied fields is essential. Candidates who have submitted their thesis are also eligible. Applicants are expected to be proficient in (a) experimental research, (b) data acquisition and critical analysis, and (c) oral and written scientific communication skills.
5. Duration: The appointment will be for one year.
6. Salary: 31,000 Rs p.m.+ HRA.