The Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Dr. M.V. Sunil Krishna focused on “Study of thermospheric and mesospheric cooling by Nitric Oxide radiative emissions”
1. Name of the Post: Post Doctoral Fellowship
2. Qualification and Experience:
(i) Ph.D. in Physics/Atmospheric Physics/Space Physics / Computational Physics / Meteorology.
(ii) Candidates who have recently submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of the award of Ph.D. degree at the time of interview at IIT Roorkee, if shortlisted.
3. Duration: The duration of the fellowship will be of two years extendable to one more year, if necessary. The candidate is expected to join the Department as soon as offer letter has been released. The fellow will receive a consolidated fellowship as below in addition to the contingency grant of ₹ 50,000/-per annum.
(i) First two years: ₹ 55,000/- per month
(ii) Third year: ₹ 60,000/- per month
1. All the postdoctoral fellows (PDF) will be registered as IIT Roorkee students for availing the facilities of accommodation, hospital, medical insurance scheme, computer center, library, sports etc.
2. The candidate called for discussion/interview will be reimbursed Bus/Train (2nd AC) fare from their place of residence/work and return by the shortest route within India on production of train/bus tickets or PNR number.
Professor and Head, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee – 247667, Uttarakhand
Selection Procedure :
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply :
1. Last date for the submission of application is 25 August, 2020. Department intends to fill the position by 10th September, 2020.
2. Candidates can apply with cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications (with the most significant publications highlighted), research statement describing past research and plans for future research in the context of the title of project by both regular and e-mail, to: Professor and Head, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee – 247667, Uttarakhand.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from IIT Roorkee, please click on the Apply Now button below.