1. Post Name: Senior Residents/Tutor (Specialist)
2. Essential Qualification(S)/eligiblity:
i. For Clinical Subjects : Post Graduate (MD/MS/MDS) or DNB in the concerned speciality from a University/Institution recognized/permitted by the MCI/DCI; failing which the PG Diploma in the concerned specialty recognized/permitted by the MCi/DCI.
ii. For Non Clinical Subjects : Recognized MD/MS/DNB in the concerned specialty or qualifications as prescribed in the concerned specialty by the existing Himachal Pradesh Medical Education Service Rules. Provided that the percentage of Tutor-specialists in non clinical subjects from non-medical backgrounds shall not exceed the limit prescribed as per the norms fixed by Medical Council of India.
iii. Further provided that GDOs/Direct Candidates who have furnished bond to serve the State after Post Graduation in lieu of sponsorship/stipend shall be required to serve a period of minimum one year in field posting or any such period which may be prescribed by the PG/SS policy as notified from time to time before being eligible for Senior Residency in the State.
iv. The condition of mandatory one year of field posting shall be equally applicable to all the specialties. Candidates of non-clinical specialties like Microbiology, Pathology etc. shall be posted at field institutions. Candidates of specialities like Anatomy, Physiology, Nuclear Medicine, Pharmacology and Radiotherapy in respect of which there is no sufficient work in field institutions, shall be posted as Medical Officer in Medical Colleges as per the availability of non-teaching post. Such candidates posted on non-teaching post shall not be clubbed with Senior Residents for the purpose of roster etc. and it shall be ensured by the Principals that no teaching responsibility is assigned to them. Such candidates shall also not be eligible for the grant of teaching experience. For the purpose of field posting under this policy, the post of Casualty Medical Officers in Medical Colleges shall not be included as field posting.
3. Pay & Allowances:
i. 1st year – Rs.55, 000/- fixed per month.
ii. 2nd year – Rs.57,500/- fixed per month.
ii. 3rd years – Rs.60,000/- fixed per month.
4. Rs. 15,000/- incentive shall be granted besides emoluments per month to the Sr. Residents/Tutor( Specialist) of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru Govt. Medical College Chamba.
5. Teaching Experience: (i). Senior Residents will be issued teaching experience certificate by the concerned Principal, which will be valid for promotion and appointment as Assistant Professor in the respective faculty as per R&P Rules notified by the Government. Senior Residents who are pursuing Senior Residency in super specialty departments of the Government Medical Colleges of the State shall be eligible to be awarded teaching
(ii). experience in their own specialty; provided that the concerned specialty is the parent department of concerned super specialty.
(ii). The candidates who have availed maternity/paternity 1leave during the period of Senior Residency shall be entitled to grant of teaching experience for the period of maternity/paternity leave admissible as per rules.
Age: 45 Years and below.
Application Fee: Application fee (Rs. 1500/- for General category and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ ST/OBC category
1. No application shall be accepted if not accompanied by the scanned copy of the receipt of the requisite fee as required to be deposited on line-mode as detailed herein-above.
2. Specialty once chosen will be final and if selected, the candidates will not be permitted to change Specialty at any stage during this period/tenure except as provided under rules.
3. Incomplete or wrongly addressed applications shall not be considered at all and shall be rejected out-rightly. Principal IGMC Shimla – cum – Member Secretary Counselling Committee / DME & Research, Himachal Pradesh will not make further correspondence with the candidate in this matter. Fee once paid shall not be refunded/ adjusted under any circumstances.
4. The candidate should enclose the copies of the following certificates/ documents (self attested) along with application form:
a) Certificate of Matriculation or its equivalent examination (for verification of age)
b) Detailed marks certificate of Professional examination of MBBS or M.Sc. (for non medical candidates) and that of MD/MS/DNB Degree/Diploma, (Ph.D non medical candidates).
c) Copies of publications of papers (as mentioned ) at Sr.No. 4 under clause 5 referred to above.
d) Character certificate from the employer /Head of the institution last attended.
e) Registration Certificate from Medical Council for MBBS & MD/MS/DNB or copy of receipt in respect of application submitted to medical council for registration thereof. Attempt certificate in respect of MBBS and MD/MS/DNB etc.
f) Service certificate from the concerned Chief Medical Officer/Principal of the Govt. Medical Colleges as well as Director Health Services, HP regarding serving in the peripheral/field health institutions after completion of his/her post graduation. h) Any other certificate.
5. The rest of the terms & conditions shall be applied the same as contained in the new Resident doctor policy issued by the Government vide Notification No: HFW-B(B) 1-10/2018 dated 22.6.2019 and subsequent Notification dated 21.1.2020.
Terms and conditions:
(). The appointment will be ordinarily for a period of three years subject to satisfactory yearly performance appraisals which shall be brought to the notice of the Principal by the concerned Head of Department. The Principal shall intimate the Government if the services of a Senior Resident/Tutor-Specialist need to be discontinued in view of non-satisfactory performance. The post occupied by the Senior Resident/Tutor-Specialist so will fall vacant only if the tenure is completed OR he/she tenders resignation OR his/her services are terminated.
(ii). GDOs/Direct Candidates who have furnished bond to serve the State after Post Graduation in lieu of sponsorship shall be required to serve a period of minimum one year in field posting before being eligible for Senior Residency in the State and for this purpose the date of submission of application by the candidate shall be taken as the cut-off date. However, this condition shall not be applicable to the direct candidates who have not availed sponsorship of the State while doing Post Graduation and who are not bound by conditions of any bond.
(iii). The condition of mandatory one year of field posting shall be equally applicable to all the specialties. Candidates of non-clinical specialties like Microbiology, Pathology etc. shall be posted at field institutions. Candidates of specialties like Anatomy, Physiology, Nuclear Medicine, Pharmacology and Radiotherapy in respect of which there is no sufficient work in field institutions, shall be posted as Medical Officer in Medical Colleges as per the availability of non-teaching post. Such candidates posted on non-teaching post shall not be clubbed with Senior Residents for the purpose of roster etc. and it shall be ensured by the Principals that no teaching responsibility is assigned to them. Such candidates shall also not be eligible for the grant of teaching experience. For the purpose of filed posting under this policy, the post of casualty Medical Officers in Medical Colleges shall not be included as filed posting.
Selection Procedure :
In order to recruit candidates for the posts of Sr. Residents/Tutor Specialists, the Principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla-cum-Member Secretary, Counselling Committee shall draw specialty-wise merit list based on the documents submitted at the time of making application keeping the following manner
1. MBBS Marks (Cumulative total marks of 1, 2nd & 3rd Professional examination) – 30 marks
2. PGMD/MS) Degree Marks (in concerned specialty) – 40 marks
3. Period of service of State
4. Publication of papers in Index Journals as first author or corresponding author (Published papers or papers in respect of which letter of acceptance has been issued shall be counted). – 2 marks for each published work subject to maximum of 20 marks
(a). The candidates who have done MD/MS/DNB in a particular subject shall be higher in merit than the candidates who have done diploma in that particular specialty, irrespective of the marks earned. Similarly, for the non-clinical subjects, candidates belonging to non-medical side shall always be placed below in merit to candidates of the medical side irrespective of the marks earned and the inter se merit of the candidates from non medical background shall be determined on the basis of marks obtained in the Essential Qualification examinations like M.Sc. etc
(b). In case, the PG marks are not available in respect of even one candidate in a particular specialty, the PG marks shall not be taken into account while drawing up the merit of that particular specialty.
5. All the interested candidates are directed to upload/submit their applieation forms duly filled in all respects alongwith scanned copy of the receipt of application fee through the email address of IGMC, Shimla [email protected] (separately only one pdf file) on or before 01.09.2020 upto 5.00 PM beyond which no application shall be entertained. Further, it is clarified that the candidates who have already applied for the said posts alongwith requisite fee as per advertisement of Feb. & May, 2020 need not to apply again for the same. However, all the in-service GDOD candidates will have to submit his/her latest service certificate as required under the ‘Resident Doctor Policy’.
How to Apply :
1. Applications are invited from all the candidates fulfilling the requisite qualifications and other eligibility conditions on the prescribed application form as per Appendix ‘A’ for the posts of Senior Residents/Tutor (Specialist) in the Govt. Medical Colleges of the State. The posts are available in I.G.M.C., Shimla, Dr. R.P.G.M.C. Kangra at Tanda, Dr.YSPGMC, Nahan, SLBSGMC-Mandi at Ner Chowk, Pt. JLNGMC, Chamba and Dr.RKGMC, Hamirpur. The last date by which the interested candidates are required to upload/submit their application forms duly filled in all respects along with scanned copy of the receipt of application fee in the office of Principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla -cum-Member Secretary Counselling Committee complete in all respects through the email address of IGMC, Shimla [email protected] (separately only one pdf file) along with requisite application fee (Rs. 1500/- for General category and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ ST/OBC category is 01.09.2020 upto 5:00 PM beyond which no application shall be entertained.
2. The requisite application fee will have to be deposited through on-line mode only i.e. through the link https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm (PRINCIPAL IGMC Sr Residency Interview Account). The details of availability of vacancies are provided at Appendix-B’ of this advertisement notice. The speciality-wise vacancy, eligibility criteria and other terms & condition of selection/appointment can well as downloaded from the website www.igmcshimla.edu.in and http://www.hp.gov.in/ hpdmer/ The candidates should regularly remain in touch with the website as the further changes, if any, & other information will be conveyed be seen as online through the Institutional website.
3. Further changes, if any, in the interview as well as vacancies of Sr. Residents will only be intimated through website of the Institute www.igmcshimla.edu.in and http://www.hp.gov.in/hpdmer/ All the candidates are directed to remain in touch with the website for further information.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from Indira Gandhi Medical College, please click on the Apply Now button below.