On 28/07/2020, National Inland Navigation Institute announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed Any Graduate, B.Tech/B.E, Any Post Graduate for the position of Principal.
Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India intends to engage the following position purely on contractual basis, for a period of Three years (can be extended up to five years on mutual consent) and invite application from interested and eligible candidates.
1. Post Name: Principal
2. Details of Position: Principal for National Inland Navigation Institute (NINI), at Gaighat, Patna
3. No. of Position: 01
4. Essential Qualification: Certificate of Competency (COC) as Master (FG) or Chief Engineer (MEO Class I) or Certificate of Competency (COC) as Chief Mate Foreign Going (FG) or Marine Engineer Officer (MEO Class II)
5. Experience: Minimum 20 years’ experience, out of which at least 02 years as a Faculty in DG Shipping approved institute. He should be well versed in administration and financial matters.
6. Desirable: Degree in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering. Experience in IWT/Port/Shipping Sector.Exposure to Simulators for training. Preference will be given to personnel, who have already done Principal tenure before
7. Remuneration : Rs. 1,20,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty Thousand only) per month
Age: Maximum 64 years as on closing date of receipt of application.
i) Principal shall not divulge or disclose to any third party any information relating to IWAI or the Project, particularly the operational processes, technical knowhow, security arrangements, administrative/ organizational matters, classified data and information, etc. without the approval of Competent Authority. Disclosure of the same shall be construed as a violation of the official Secret Act, 1923 and would be a ground for termination of your engagement with IWAI and for any such action as may be deemed necessary.
ii) The Principal shall be responsible and accountable for the services rendered / advice given by him since such advice / service is the result of contractual relations between the consultant and the employer.
iii) The Principal may avoid any conflict of interest while discharging contractual obligation and bring, beforehand, any possible instance of conflict of interest to IWAI. Further, the consultant is also expected to undertake an assignment only in the areas of its expertise and where it has capability to deliver efficient and effective advice / service.
iv) The Principal shall keep in view transparency, competitiveness, economy, efficiency and equal opportunity to all prospective bidders while rendering any advice to IWAI in regard to selection of technology, determination of design and specification of the subject matter, with bid eligibility criteria, bid evaluation criteria, more of tendering, tender notification etc.
General Terms & Conditions:
The engagement on contractual basis in IWAI shall be regulated as per the following guidelines:
i) Individuals (Non-Government / Private / Multinational / Consultancy Firms) or Retired Employees from Govt. / Autonomous Bodies with requisite qualifications and experience as prescribed would be eligible for being engaged as Principal. However, the engagement shall not be considered as a case of re-employment.
ii) The engagement would be for a fixed period for providing high quality services to IWAI as per offer of Agreement/Letter of engagement.
iii) The engagement would be on fulltime basis, unless specified, and they would not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement with IWAI and will have to sign an Agreement in this regard, if selected.
iv) Working hours would be from 10:00 AM to 05:30 PM IST during the working days including half hour lunch break in between.
v) Attendance will have to be marked in the Bio-Metric System, installed at the IWAI office (After lifting of Lockdown).
vi) The Principal engaged on full-time basis will be required to attend office on all working days and also on holidays, if required, on account of exigencies of work.
Assistant Secretary (Admn. & Rectt.), IWAI, A-13, Sector-1, Noida-201301 (U.P.)
Selection Procedure :
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply :
1. The closing/ last date for receipt of application is 27/08/2020, with application in prescribed proforma, to be addressed to the Assistant Secretary (Admn. & Rectt.), IWAI, A-13, Sector-1, Noida-201301 (U.P.), through Registered / Speed Post only.
2. The applicant must enclose the self-attested copies of Certificates, testimonials in support of the eligibility criteria as stipulated in the advertisement, failing which the candidature shall be treated as non-eligible. The decision of the Authority as regard to the eligibility of a candidate or otherwise shall be final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from National Inland Navigation Institute, please click on the Apply Now button below.