Applications along with the biodata and attested copies of all certificates are invited for two positions of Junior Research Fellows in a Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, sponsored research project entitled “Purification and characterisation of glycerol kinase and glycerol-3- phosphate dehydrogenase (cytosolic and mitochondrial) from Homo sapiens for their critical role in type 2 diabetes” (BT/PR31051/MED/30/2100/2019 dated 05/08/2020), sanctioned to Dr. Bidyadhar Das (PI) and Dr. Devendra K. Biswal (Co-PI) for a period of 3 years.
1. Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
2. Name of the project: Purification and characterisation of glycerol kinase and glycerol-3- phosphate dehydrogenase (cytosolic and mitochondrial) from Homo sapiens for their critical role in type 2 diabetes (BT/PR31051/MED/30/2100/2019 dated 05/08/2020)
3. Duration of the position: Three years
4. Essential Qualifications:
(i) M. Sc. in Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics with minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying examination (with relaxation as per GoI rules).
(ii) Candidates with NET (UGC-CSIR)/ GATE and
(a) Experiences in protein expression in E. coli/ yeast, and protein purification and molecular biology would be preferred, and/or
(b) Experiences in handling various bioinformatics software for protein chemistry (like Schrödinger platform/ Discovery Studio/ PyMol/ HKL-3000/ Coot/ CCP4) would also be preferred.
5. Fellowship: As per DBT, GoI, rules and regulations