On 05/08/2020, NIE announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed B.Sc, M.Sc for the position of Technical Assistant.
1. Name of the Post: Technical Assistant (Lab)
2. Essential Qualification: Graduate degree in Microbiology / Virology/ Biochemistry / Medical Lab Technology from a recognized University with three years of diagnostic / research work experience in the relevant subject from a recognized institution. (OR) Master’s degree in Microbiology / Virology/ Biochemistry/ Medical Lab Technology from a recognized University.
3. Desirable Qualification and Experience:
(i) With working knowledge and understanding of standard molecular techniques, particularly nucleic acid extraction, PCR etc.
(ii) Work experience in diagnostic microbiology/ molecular biology laboratory, including sample collection, processing, and testing.
(iii) Experience of working as part of a research team
4. Emoluments: Rs.31,000/- per month
5. Duration: Six Months
6. Nature of Duties:
a) Perform sample processing and nucleic acid extraction for COVID-19 testing
b) Perform/ support rRT-PCR based COVID-19 testing
c) Perform other COVID-19 testing related activities including followup with GCC/ hospitals regarding sample collection, receipt, sample line list, data management etc. in coordination with other lab staff.
d) Perform any other work assigned by the Director/HODLab/Supervisory officers
Age: UR/EWS -30 Years; OBC – 33 Years (Including 3 years age relaxation); SC – 35 Years (Including 5 years age relaxation)
Instructions to the Candidates
1. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of application.
2. Experience certificate should clearly state the nature of work during the period of employment.
3. No – Objection Certificate from the current employer (for Govt. / AB / PSU Servants only).
4. All posts are contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after every specific period subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
5. The incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under NIE / ICMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
6. The Director, ICMR – NIE reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of posts of cancel the recruitment or re – advertise the posts, without assigning any reasons thereof, no further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
7. Candidates are advised to check ICMR – NIE website regularly for further information, changes, which will be updated from time to time.
8. Relaxation of experience will be considered in case of deserving candidates for the posts of Project Scientist C (Medical/ Non Medical)
National Institute Of Epidemiology, R-127, Second Main Road, TNHB, Ayapakkam, Chennai – 600 077.
Selection Procedure :
Selection Will be Based either Written Exam/Interview
How to Apply :
1. Filled Application form along with supporting documents should be submitted through online to email id [email protected] on or before closing date 24.08.2020 up to 05:00 p.m.
2. The application should be as per the prescribed format (Annexure – A)
3. Candidates should attach scanned photocopies of educational qualification and experience and other testimonials duly self – attested along with filled application.
4. Incomplete applications without relevant attachments will be out rightly rejected.
5. Date, Time and Place of Interview will be intimated by email separately to the eligible candidates.
6. Last date of submission of application: 24.08.2020 upto 5:00 PM
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from NIE, please click on the Apply Now button below.