Call For Position Of Students Counsellor In Students Guidance Cell. The Institute proposes to prepare a panel of qualified and experienced personnel to engage in the post of Students Counsellor (2 NOS – 1 Male + 1 Female) in Students Guidance Cell for a period of eleven months on a purely contractual (temporary) basis
1. Position: Students Counsellor
2. Salary: The monthly consolidated remuneration will be Rs. 40,000/- per month
3. Educational Qualification:
A. Essential: M. Phil (Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Psychiatric Social Work) Or MA/M.Sc (Clinical Psychology, Applied Psychology, Counseling Psychology) Or Masters in Social Work (specialized in Clinical & Psychiatry/Medical &Psychiatry/Children& Family/ Mental Health) from a recognized university Or Regular PG Diploma (Full time) in Counselling and Psychotherapy/ Counselling Psychology from a reputed Institute.
B. Experience :Minimum of 3 years in Professional Psychological Counseling
4. Desirable: Ph.D. (Psychology, Counseling, Psychiatry, Mental Health)
5. Job Requirement: The job involves active counseling of students largely in the 18 – 30 age groups, organizational work in connection with developing a suitable counseling program for students and liaison work with professional volunteer agencies and hospitals for the benefits of the student population of the Institute. Also, the job requires: Targets psychological counseling of individuals for common conditions such as anxiety, adjustment disorder, depression, addiction; Group therapy for certain conditions; Developing and executing appropriate follow up procedure for monitoring progress; Designing and organizing of regular workshops addressing a variety of subjects such as stress management, self esteem, test anxiety, managing mood swings, enhancing study skills, stigma attached to accessing mental health care Counseling students on different challenges faced by them at regular intervals (peer pressure, relationships, academic stress, learning how to take right decisions, making responsible choices etc.). Dealing the students when they ask help for oneself and for others with issues like family related issues, sexuality, identity, beliefs, time management, substance abuse, physically wellbeing etc.); Training and guiding the team of student volunteers associated with counseling services; Acting as a referral to the administration or hospital; Performing duties including attending exigencies at all hours.