Applications are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a research and development project (Ref. No. 13/NITK/SERB/MECH/SHN/2019-20/A9) with following details:
1. Title of the project: “Experimental technique to induce surface grain refinement through Laser Shock Peening on ECAP processed Mg alloy”.
2. Name of the position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
3. No of Positions/Vacancies: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) – One (01) Position
4. Essential Qualifications:- Essential Qualifications: – B.E / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/10 CGPA) and M. Tech / M.E in Manufacturing Engineering/Technology or Metallurgical and Materials Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/10 CGPA). Applicant must be GATE qualified. A good GATE score will be an added advantage. Those who have appeared for M. Tech / M.E and waiting for results may also apply and proof of M. Tech / M.E viva voce competition certificate has to be provided during the time of interview.
5. Desired Skills:-
i. Work experience related to metal forming, LASER processing, material characterization and analysis.
ii. The candidate should know the fundamentals of materials and metallurgy.
iii. Ability to work in a team, good communication skills and experience in experimental research.
6. Salary: I and II year – Rs. 31,000/month. III year – Rs. 35,000/month
7. Duration: Three years or up to the termination of project, subject to annual performance review. The candidate can be entitled to register for Ph.D. at NITK, Surathkal, if found suitable