On 14/08/2020, OSSC announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed Any Graduate for the position of Sub Inspector of Excise.
Online Applications are invited from intending candidates to fill up 34 posts of Sub Inspector of Excise under Excise Commissioner, Odisha, Cuttack on contractual basis.
1. Post Name: Sub Inspector of Excise
2. No of Posts: 34
3. Remuneration : The appointment to these posts will be initially on contractual basis carrying a remuneration of Rs. 10,000/- per month (for I st year) as per Govt. in G.A. & P.G. Department Notification No. 19574/GA dtd.12.09.2017 and Condition of Service will be guided by the Government of Odisha instructions in this regard from time to time as per Odisha Group-C & Group-D Posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 notified vide Govt. in G.A. Department Notification No.32010-GAD-SC-RULES-0009-2013/Gen dated 12th November 2013 and the Orissa Sub-ordinate Excise Service (Method of recruitment & condition of service of Sub Inspector of Excise) Rule 1980 and other Recruitment Rules in Force.
4. Educational Qualification: The Candidate must have passed Degree in any discipline from any recognized University.
Age: The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2019.
(i) Copy of the registered online application form.
(ii) HSC or equivalent pass certificate & mark sheet issued by any recognised Board/Council.
(iii) + 2 level pass certificate and mark sheet from any Govt. recognised Board/CounciI/University.
(iv) Degree pass Certificate & Mark sheet from a recognised University.
(v) Valid caste certificate issued by competent authority to get reservation/ age relaxation under SEBC/SC/ST category.
(vi) Candidates have to submit certificate of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia in final examination of Class-VII issued by Principal/Head Master or any Educational Institution duly recognised by Govt. of Odisha/ Central Govt. or other competent authority.
(vii) Candidates claiming age relaxation under Ex-servicemen category must submit Discharge certificate, identity Card & P.P.O issued by the appropriate Authority in which Date of Entry, Date of Discharge & Period of Service rendered in Defence forces are indicated
1. Online Applications are invited from intending candidates to fill up 34 posts of Sub Inspector of Excise under Excise Commissioner, Odisha, Cuttack on contractual basis.
2. Online Application will be made available from date16.08.2020 till 15.09.2020 by 11.55 P.M in the official website of the Commission “www.ossc.gov.in”.Applications submitted through online mode shall only be accepted by the Commission.
3. Candidates must register their valid E-mail Id and Mobile no. while applying for the post through online and keep the same active till completion of this recruitment process to receive important message from the Commission relating to the recruitment.
4. Candidates are to be extra vigilant while filling up the online application since there is no edit option. Before applying for the post the candidates must go through this detailed advertisement and on satisfying the eligibility criteria in all respect prescribed for the post may apply through online mode only.
5. PwD candidates are not eligible to apply for the post.
6. Candidate must not be below 21 Years and must not exceed 32 years of age as on 1 January 2019 to be eligible to apply for the post (refer to Clause-5(a) of this Advertisement) with usual age relaxation for In-Service/Ex-Servicemen candidates as per relevant rules of Govt. in force.
7. The candidate must submit correct data /information in the Online Application Form basing on which the candidate shall be allowed to appear the examination. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her online application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post, his/her candidature for the post will be cancelled forthwith and the candidate may be debarred either temporarily or permanently from appearing any further recruitment examination conducted by the Commission.
Selection Procedure :
1. Original along with self-attested xerox copies of the same and the online application form during certificate verification on the date of Viva Voce Test. The original documents to be submitted during certificate verification must tally with the documents uploaded by the candidate except the declaration of caste certificate. The candidates claiming reservation/age relaxation under SC/ST/SEBC category must submit the valid caste certificate issued by the competent Authority in the respective category during the certificate verification on the date of Viva Voce Test.
2. Stage-I: Main Written Examination – 100 Marks
3. stage – II – Measurement of Physical Standard and Physical Test.
4. Stage-II – Viva Voce Test – 10 Marks
5. Main written examination consists of one Composite Paper of 100 marks I & 1/2 hours duration. Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices of answers of following subjects. Question of General English & Odia Language is of HSC standard. Question of General Studies is of Degree standard. i- General English-25 questions ii- Odia language-25 questions iii-General Studies-50 questions
6. Basing on the performance in Main written examination candidates about 10 (ten) times of the vacancies advertised from each category will be shortlisted for Physical Measurement & Physical Test.
How to Apply :
1. Online Application will be made available from date16.08.2020 till 15.09.2020 by 11.55 P.M in the official website of the Commission “www.ossc.gov.in”.Applications submitted through online mode shall only be accepted by the Commission.
2. The applicants have to go through the detail advertisement before filling up the online application form.
3. (a) Aspirants have to apply online using the official website of the Commission “www.ossc.gov.in”.By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, different advertisements for online application along with different useful details will be displayed on the computer screen. The instructions provided in this Advertisement are required to be read carefully before proceeding to complete the online application process. There will be two links under “Form Links” column for each advertisement.
4. i. For Registration. ii. For registered user login.
5. All the Candidates first need to complete the Registration process before filling the Application Form.
6. For Registration the candidate needs to click the link “For Registration”available in the Form Link section.
7. On clicking the link mentioned, he/she will be redirected to the Registration Form, where few basic Details will be required as follows to be filled up by the applicant correctly.
8. i. Nationality
ii. Applicant’s Full Name
iii. Applicant’s Father’s
iv. Name Applicant’s
v. Mother’s Name
vi. Name of the husband (In case of Married female applicant) Gender
vii. 10th Standard Roll Number (As Mentioned in the Certificate)
viii. 10th Standard Year of Passing
ix. 10th Standard Board (Name)
x. 10th Standard Passed Exam Type
xi. Whether passed minimum Seventh class exam. in Odia
xii. Mobile Number
xiii. Email Address
9. On Submitting the registration form a unique Application Sequence No. will be generated and will be shown to the candidate.
10. Application Sequence No. generated will act as user id of the candidate for the post. E- mail and SMS will be sent to the candidates through his registered email id and mobile no intimating him/her the ‘User id’ and ‘Password’ofthe online application form.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from OSSC, please click on the Apply Now button below.