Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University is looking for meritorious researchers for the post of Junior Research fellow (JRF – 01 post); and filed Labour (FL – 02 posts). These vacancies are for a research project titled “Bio-mimetic and phyto-technologies designed for low-cost purification and recycling of water (INDIA-H2O), BT/IN/EU-WR/40/AM/2018, sanctioned by Department of Bio- Technology (DBT), Government of India, to PDPU. One Junior Research Fellow (JRF) and two field labours (FL) are required presently for one year. The sanction may be extended for another year (2nd year till 4 years) subsequently, after successful assessment by the review committee after every year based on the performance.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow – 01 post
2. Requirement for JRF post: (Code: INDIA-H2O JRF)
3. Eligibility: M.E/ M.Tech(Mechanical/ Thermal/ Energy/ Environment/ Hydro/ Civil with B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Chemical/ Energy/ Environment)
4. Desired: The candidate should have experimental exposure to water treatment processes like Electro coagulation, Chemical coagulation, Electro dialysis, Photo Fenton, Multi effect distillation and Reverse Osmosis, Forward Osmosis and fouling analysis on membranes etc. and should possess the knowledge of theoretical analysis of various water treatment processes. Industrial exposure with water treatment processes and experience of water analysis and testing lab will also be considered for added advantage.
Knowledge of applying renewable energy sources like solar, wind, Industry waste heat and biomass etc for desired outcomes by design and integration of systems. Exposure to numerical and analytical solution/ analysis of heat and mass transfer mechanism and detailed exposure to CFD software and programming language.
5. Fellowship: 31000/- + HRA as per DBT norms (Selected candidate may get enrolled for Ph.D. at PDPU)