Here is a look at key points from his speech —
- During the Kargil War, India demonstrated her might to the whole world.
- People are saluting their brave-hearts and paying tributes to those martyred during the Kargil War. Today, on behalf of all countrymen, I salute our brave soldiers
- 21 years ago on this day, our army won the Kargil War. India was then trying to have cordial relations with Pakistan but is said that it is in the nature of the wicked to have enmity with everyone for no reason.
- One can imagine, the enemy sitting high up on the mountains and our soldiers fighting from below. However, it wasn’t the mountain top that won, it was the victory of the valour of Indian forces and their true bravery.
What Atal Ji had said from Red Fort during the Kargil War is relevant to all of us even today. Atal Ji, had then reminded the nation of a mantra of Gandhi Ji.Whatever we say or do has immense bearing on the morale of the soldier, ever vigilant at the border, as well as the morale of his family.
- Let us do everything to further national unity.
- We have to keep fighting the COVID-19 global pandemic. Social distancing. Wearing masks. The focus on these must continue.
- We have to fight the battle against Coronavirus with full awareness and vigilance.
Earlier on July 11, PM Modi had tweeted, “I am sure you would be aware of inspiring anecdotes of how collective efforts have brought about positive changes. You would surely know of initiatives that have transformed many lives. Please share them for this month’s #MannKiBaat, which will take place on the 26th!”
In his last Mann Ki Baat address, PM Modi on June 28 had said that there could be any number of challenges but our country’s history shows that it [India] has always overcome them.