On 08/08/2020, PSCWB announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed M.Sc for the position of Assistant Soil Chemist.
Online applications are hereby invited from Indian Citizens and others declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post which is permanent.
1. Name of the Post: Assistant Soil Chemist
2. Department Forests: Government Of West Bengal.
3. Directorate: Forests
4. Pay: Rs.15,600/- – Rs.42,000/- (P.B. 4A) PLUS GRADE PAY Rs. 5,400/- (UNREVISED).
5. No of Post: 01
6. Qualifications: i) M.Sc. degree in Chemistry or M.Sc.(Agriculture) with Agricultural Chemistry and/or Soil Science from a recognized University/Institute or equivalent. ii) Two years’ experience in Soil Science, relaxable for well-qualified candidates.
7. Desirable: Knowledge of Botany.
8. N.B.: Ability To Read, Write And Speak In Bengali Is An Essential Requirement But Such Knowledge Is Not Mandatory For Candidates Whose Mother Tongue Is Nepali, Unless Specifically Mentioned. Such Ability Will Be Tested At The Time Of Interview.
Age: Not more than 36 years as on 01.01.2020, relaxable for well-qualified candidates
Application Fee: Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only. Candidates may in addition have to bear the following charges. S.C./S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (P.W.D.) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee
1. Commencement of online applications : The 13th August, 2020
2. Closing date for receipt of online application : The 2nd September, 2020
3. Last date of payment of fees : The 2nd September, 2020
4. Last date for payment of fees Offline in Branches of UBI : The 3 rd September, 2020
5. Last date for Generation of Payment Challans by Branches of UBI : The 2nd September, 2020
1. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
2. All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from Universities/Institutions, duly recognized by competent authority
3. If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria
4. In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence, if required.
5. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field within the closing date of receipt of applications
6. [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of the Organization(s)/Department(s) or Competent Authority for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)].
7. A candidate would be considered as well qualified if his/her educational qualification is at least one level higher than the essential requirement. The extent of age relaxation will not exceed 5 (five) years in each case.
8. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
9. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession up to 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal and up to 3 years to O.B.C. (category ’A’ & ‘B’) (non creamy layer) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and O.B.C. candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as general candidates. Such benefits are also available up to the age of 45 years for Persons with disabilities.
10. N.B.: Mobile Phones, Bluetooth or any other communication device are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations
11. All requisite certificates regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents must be furnished as and when required by the Commission.
12. If at any stage even after issue of a letter of recommendation for appointment a candidate is found ineligible in terms of the advertisement his/her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him/her.
Public Service Commission, West Bengal
161A, S. P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata-700026
Selection Procedure :
1. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not conveniently possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants, the Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications/ higher marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Preliminary Screening Test ( P.S.T ). The Commission may fix qualifying cut-off marks for all the categories of the vacancies in each level of examination, i.e. P.S.T & interview.
2. Note: Commission has fixed the following qualifying marks for UNRESERVED vacancy in Personality Test/Interview and candidates unable to secure such qualifying marks would not be considered for the post, irrespective of their academic qualification and/ or marks obtained in P.S.T.
3. Category: All, Qualifying Marks: 40%
4. If after P.S.T., it is found that the number of candidates qualified for interview in any category is 3 times the number of vacancies to be filled up or more, no qualifying marks would be imposed in personality test. Qualifying marks as per the extant practice would however be imposed in case the number of qualified candidates is less than 3 times the number of vacancies proposed to be filled up.
5. In The Cases Of Screening Test, Candidates Suffering From Blindness Or Low Vision And Loco-motor Disability Or Cerebral Palsy With Writing Extremity Will Be Allowed The Help Of A Scribe, If Required. The Scribe Should Not Possess Educational Qualification Higher Than The Requisite Qualification For The Post.
How to Apply :
1. Date of Examination/Interview will be notified latter in the Commission’s website at wbpsc.gov.in
2. Online applications are to be submitted at wbpsc.gov.in
3. Closing date for receipt of online application : The 2nd September, 2020
4. All Information Regarding Recruitment To The Post Will Be Available, From Time To Time, In The Commission’s Website At Wbpsc.gov.in
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from PSCWB, please click on the Apply Now button below.