On 13/08/2020, PSCWB announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed B.Tech/B.E, M.Sc, M.E/M.Tech, M.Phil/Ph.D for the position of Junior Scientific Officers.
Online applications are hereby invited from Indian Citizens and others declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post which is temporary but likely to be permanent.
1. Post Name: Junior Scientific Officer
2. Service/ Cadre: West Bengal General Service
3. Department: Science & Technology And Biotechnology,govt. Of West Bengal
4. Pay: Rs.15,600/- – Rs.42,000/- (P.B.–4A) plus Grade Pay of Rs.5,400/- (UNREVISED).
5. Vacancy: 02
6. Qualification: (i) Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering or Telecom Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Bio Technology or Radio Physics and Electronics from a recognized University or its equivalent OR Master Degree in Physics or Chemistry or Bio science or Geology or Geography or applied Physics or Applied Chemistry from a recognized University or its equivalent
7. Desirable: (ii) The candidate must secure 55% marks in Graduation/Master’s Degree.
8. A Doctorate degree in Science or Applied Science or M.E. or M.Tech Degree.
Age: Not more than 36 years as on 01.01.2020.
Application Fee: : Rs. 210/- (Rupees two hundred ten) only. S.T. candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (P.W.D.) having physical disability of 40% and above are not required to pay any fee.
1. Commencement of online applications : The 13th August, 2020
2. Closing date for receipt of online application : The 2 nd September, 2020
3. Last date of payment of fees : The 2nd September, 2020
4. Last date for payment of fees Offline in Branches of UBI : The 3 rd September, 2020
5. Last date for Generation of Payment Challans by Branches of UBI : The 2nd September, 2020
1. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
2. All the degrees/diplomas/certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained from Universities/Institutions, duly recognized by competent authority.
3. If sufficient number of candidates with prescribed age limit is available for selection for a particular post, the Commission may exercise its discretion not to relax upper age limit of the candidate(s) even if the provision for such relaxation is laid down in the advertised criteria.
4. [Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of the Organization(s)/Department(s) or Competent Authority for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month and year) and field of experience indicating basic pay and consolidated pay must be obtained. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s)]
5. In cases where no Division/Class is awarded and only grading is done, exact percentage of marks and conversion formula adopted are to be mentioned with documentary evidence, if required.
6. Where experience of a number of years is prescribed as an item of qualification this would mean only experience/research experience gained in full time employment/research in the relevant field within the closing date of receipt of applications.
7. A candidate would be considered as well qualified if his/her educational qualification is at least one level higher than the essential requirement. A candidate may be treated as well experienced if he/she has at least two (2) completed years of experience in the area of expertise advertised. The extent of age relaxation will not exceed five (5) years in each case.
8. Besides pay, the posts carry allowances as admissible.
9. The benefits of reservation of vacancies and upper age concession up to 5 years are admissible only to S.T. candidates of West Bengal and up to 3 years to O.B.C. – A (non creamy layer) candidates of West Bengal. Such benefits are also available up to the age of 45 years for Persons with disabilities
10. All requisite certificates in original regarding educational qualifications, proof of age, other relevant experience certificates and other requisite documents regarding caste, persons with disabilities etc. must be furnished as and when required by the Commission failing which he/she will be considered ineligible for the post
Public Service Commission, West Bengal
161A, S. P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata-700026
Selection Procedure :
1. The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called in for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large and it is not conveniently possible for the Commission to interview all the applicants, the Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualifications/ higher marks/grade obtained in the essential qualifications or experience in relevant field higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement or on the basis of a Preliminary Screening Test (P.S.T). The Commission may fix qualifying cut-off marks for all the categories of the vacancies in each level of examination, i.e. P.S.T & interview.
2. In The Cases Of Screening Test, Candidates Suffering From Blindness Or Low Vision And Locomotor Disability Or Cerebral Palsy With Writing Extremity Will Be Allowed The Help Of A Scribe, If Required. The Scribe Should Not Possess Educational Qualification Higher Than The Requisite Qualification For The Post.
How to Apply :
1. Online applications are to be submitted at http://www.wbpsc.gov.in according to the following schedule: Closing date for receipt of online application : The 2 nd September, 2020
2. Date of Examination/Interview will be notified latter in the Commission’s website at https://www.wbpsc.gov.in
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from PSCWB, please click on the Apply Now button below.