On 07/08/2020, RGCB announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed M.Phil/Ph.D, MS/MD for the position of Scientist E.
RGCB invites applications from early as well as mid-career scientists (Indian citizens) with potential for intellectual leadership and passion for innovative research to set up independent multidisciplinary research programs relating to the areas of (but not completely restricted to) cancer research, cardiovascular disease and diabetes, pathogen biology and other interdisciplinary programs such as applied immunology, structural biology, chemical and molecular biology to address questions on disease pathogenesis. Applicants must have a demonstrated excellent record of scientific productivity in the form of outstanding publications in peer reviewed scientific journals. Scientists with outstanding track records in innovation and product development must have a track record of internationally valid and productive patents and demonstrated interaction with commercial or industry partners. Applicants should have a commitment to excellence and willingness to collaborate in inter-disciplinary projects. Quality of scientific productivity, capability of independent thinking, track record of translational, clinical or applied research as well as extra mural funding will also be major factors in deciding the selection. Investigators will be provided shared laboratory space and adequate start-up resources. They are expected to generate significant extramural project based funding.
1. Post Name: Scientist E-II (Number of Positions – 3)
2. Qualification: MD or PhD or equivalent
3. Minimum Research Experience And Publication Record: Ten years postdoctoral experience plus peer reviewed high quality publications both as First and Corresponding Author as well as and as co-author in multi-centric studies. Product development scientists must have excellent track records in technology development, patents, track record of transferring to industry and commercialization.
4. Salary and other benefits will be as per Government of India & RGCB Institute Rules and include dearness allowance, house rent allowance, transport allowance, leave travel concession and national pension scheme (defined-contribution based pension scheme of Government of India). Besides this, reimbursement of children education allowance and medical expenses as per rules of the Institute is also admissible. Terms and conditions not specified herein shall be as per relevant government of India or RGCB rules.
5. Pay Band As Per Sixth Pay Commission: PB 4
6. Grade Pay As Per Sixth Pay Commission: 8700
7. Pay Scale & Level As Per Seventh Pay Commission: 13
Age: 50 Years.
Application Fee: There is no application fee.
General Conditions/ Instructions:
1. The number of positions is decided by the institute and may increase at the time of selection; if more numbers of positions with identical job requirements become available at the time of selection or within one year after the selection, these positions may also be filled from among the list of shortlisted candidates.
2. The Director, RGCB reserves right to not to fill the post advertised.
3. Relaxations and concessions will be in accordance with the RGCB Rules and Regulations. Relaxation in age, educational qualifications and/ or experience will be considered in case of outstanding candidates and/ or persons already holding analogous positions in Government Scientific Organisations/ Research Institutions.
4. The candidates must be citizens of India.
5. Application form can be downloaded from the institute website. There is no application fee.
6. Merely fulfilling the requirements in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview. The applications received will be scrutinized and candidates who in the opinion of the institute are likely to be suitable will be shortlisted for calling for interview. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
7. The Screening and Selection Committees will make appropriate decisions on quality and impact of the publications and patents in relation to the overall application, research areas and needs of the institute. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
8. Persons working under the Central Government/Central Government Autonomous Bodies shall submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application along with enclosures as required. Those who are unable to forward their application through proper channel may submit NOC from their employer at the time of selection interview, if shortlisted.
9. Without this NOC, the applicant will not be allowed to attend the selection interview.
10. Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
11. Incomplete applications or applications without copies of certificates or applications received after the last date will be rejected.
Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Jagathy, Thycaud P.O, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, India
Selection Procedure :
1. Level 1 Screening
An Institutional Screening Committee (ISC) will be determine whether the applicant meets minimum prescribed qualifications for the advertised scientist position at RGCB. Ineligible applicants without these needed minimum qualifications will be rejected and no further correspondence will be sent to them. Applications shortlisted after the Level I screening by the ISC will be sent for Level 2 screening.
2. Level 2 Screening
A Faculty Screening Committee (FSC) will analyze the applications forwarded to it by the ISC after Level 1 screening. Level 2 screening includes detailed review of the applicant’s credentials, publications, achievements, etc. Applicants may also be invited to give a seminar at RGCB. The FSC will decide in which grade the applicant can be considered and forward such recommendations to the Scientist Selection Committee (SSC). The Chairman of the Faculty Screening Committee will be a member of the SSC.
3. Final Selection Procedures
The SSC will speak to shortlisted applicants personally (either in person or through video conferencing), go over their plans and ideas with them and understand their long-term career goals. They will also assess the applicant’s value to the development of RGCB and its R&D programs. The SSC will take the final decision on whether to advice the institute to make an offer to the applicant and if so which grade of scientist is to be offered. The institute will then make a final administrative decision on this.
4. Merely fulfilling the requirements in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for interview. The applications received will be scrutinized and candidates who in the opinion of the institute are likely to be suitable will be shortlisted for calling for interview. The decision of the institute in all these matters will be final. No interim enquiries/ correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained in the matter.
How to Apply :
1. Eligible & interested scientists can submit their applications, in the prescribed format available on the RGCB website along with a proposed research plan (2 pages) to the Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Jagathy, Thycaud P.O, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, India or e-mail a PDF to [email protected]
2. Applicants working in any Government (Central/State), PSU, autonomous, public sector Institutions within India are requested to have their applications forwarded through proper channels.
3. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any/all the advertised post)s) at any time without assigning any reason.
4. Call for applications will remain open till the vacancies are filled. The applications will be accepted throughout the year and will be scrutinized and evaluated on quarterly basis. The last date for receipt of applications for each quarter is March 31st, June 30th, September 30th and December 31st.
FreshersLIVE.com wishes you best of luck. Keep following our Freshers LIVE web site for latest Fresher Jobs, Government Jobs, Walk-In interviews, Current Affairs, Mock Test and many more. Thank You.
To Apply for the job posting from RGCB, please click on the Apply Now button below.