Sálim Ali Centre for Ornithology and Natural History (SACON), a Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India requires TWO Scientists in the Scale of Pay : Pay Matrix Level-11 Cell-1 of 7th CPC (Pre-revised : Rs. 15,600-39,100 + GP Rs. 6,600/- PB3).
1. Position: Scientist (Landscape Ecology) – Reserved for SC
2. Essential Qualifications: PhD in any branch of Life Sciences, Forestry, Forest Ecology and Environment, Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing and GIS, involving research work in Plant or Vertebrate field ecology and spatial analyses tools, Five years of research experience (excluding research carried out for Post Graduate Degree) and Proven track record with relevant research publications.
3. Desirable Qualifications: Teaching and Training expertise in use of Remote Sensing and GIS Software, Experience in spatial analyses and modeling with understanding of different spatial and temporal scales involving field-based research, Experience in management of large spatial database and interoperable decision support systems.
4. Job Requirements:Development and management of spatial database; Designing and implementation of large-scale survey/studies, spatial analysis and modeling, Teaching for Post Graduate Course at SACON and (iv) Undertaking research in landscape ecology and support in preparation of management plans for Protected Areas in the country.
5. Position: Scientist (Avian Physiology and Genetics) – Reserved for OBC
6. Essential Qualifications: PhD in any branch of Life Sciences with specialization in physiology or genetics, Five years of research experience (excluding research carried out for Post Graduate Degree) and (iii) Proven track record with relevant research publications.
7. Desirable Qualifications: Good knowledge of avian physiology / genetics and current trends, and Exposure to modern laboratory, molecular genetics and physiology.
8. Job Requirements: Teach Avian Physiology and Conservation Genetics for Post Graduate students, Conduct training programmes for various stakeholders in the field of avian forensic and conservation genetics, Update gene and genome resource banking of Avifauna and Undertake research projects with focus on in-situ and ex-situ conservation of birds.