The Disaster Management Cell of Union Territory of Daman & Diu is inviting applications from the eligible candidates for below mentioned posts on Contractual Basic for 12 months to engage the professional staff for UT/District level structure under Disaster Management Cell:
1. Name of the post: Sr. Consultant / Disaster Management Professional. On contractual basis ( Fixed Salary of Rs. 1,00,000 per month )
2. No of Post: 01
3. Education Qualification: Master’s Degree in any discipline (preferably Disaster Management, Social W ork, Sociology, Geo graphy , Agriculture, A rchitecture, Engineeri ng, Urban Planning)
4. Experience Required: Candidates should have minimum experience of 10 Years in field related to Disaster Management – Post Qualification. Candidates having M.Phil Degree in the relevant field are required to have minimum experience of 8 Years. Candidates having Ph.D Degree in the relevant field are required to have minimum experience of 5 years. Candidates must also have reasonable experience in the field of preparation of Disaster Management Plans and Guidelines, or working in the area related to Disaster Management.
5. Duration: The Consultant can be removed at any time by giving one month’s notice or the Consultant can also resign from the assignment by giving one month’s notice to the competent authority _ If the performance of the Sr. Consultant is not satisfactory, DDMA recommend for termination of the contract.
6. Nature of Duties: Technical Assistance in preparation of the Hazard Risk Vulnerability Atlas tor the State. Alignment of State Plans and District Plans in accordance with the Sendai Framework. Facilitating State/ UT Govt. Departments in preparat ion of their Departmental Disaster Management Plan. Coordinating Mock Drills, compiling reports, compiling data during disasters, help in organization of joint workshops with States. Compiling and timely furnishing of data and information to NDMA on disaster aspects, implementation of NDMA Schemes and Sendai Framework Monitoring indicators. Enhancing disaster preparedness for effective response and to “Build Back Better” in recovery, rehabilitation and reconstruction. Help in setting up of the Disaster Data Base at the State and District level.