The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions
1. Exam Name: Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2020 [including SSC Women (Non-technical) Course]
2. Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
i. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 151 (DE) Course commencing in July, 2021 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC C Certificate (Army Wing) holders] – 100
ii. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2021 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies for NCC C Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special entry ) holders] – 26
iii. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2021 i.e. No. 210 F(P) Course. [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry] – 32
iv. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 114th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2021 – 169
v. Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 28th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2021. – 17
vi. Total Vacancy: 344
3. The Examination will be held at the following Centres :
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur And Visakhapatnam.
4. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice
5. Conditions Of Eligibility:
(a) Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried and must either be:
(i) a Citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
6. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : (i) For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
(iii) For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2001 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2001) only are eligible.
(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
(v) For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002.
7. Educational Qualifications:
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
8. Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :
(i) For admission to IMA on or before 1st July, 2021, Indian Naval Academy on or before 1st July, 2021 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th May, 2021. (ii) For admission to Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st October, 2021.
9. Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination. In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he/she possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/her admission to the examination.
10. Pay scale of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy:
i. Lieutenant – Level 10 56,100 -1,77,500
ii. Captain – Level 10 B 61,300- 1,93,900
iii. Major – Level 11 69,400 – 2,07,200
iv. Lieutenant Colonel – Level 12A 1,21,200 – 2,12,400
v. Colonel – Level 13 1,30,600-2, 15,900
vi. Brigadier – Level 13A 1,39,600-2,17,600
vii. Major General – Level 14 1,44,200-2,18,200
viii. Lieutenant General HAG Scale – Level 15 1, 82, 200-2,24,100
ix. HAG+Scale – Level 16 2,05,400 – 2,24,400
x. VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG) – Level 17 2,25,000/-(fixed)
xi. COAS – Level 18 2,50,000/-(fixed)
xii. Military Service Pay(MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigadier – Rs 15.500 p.m. fixed
xiii. Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA and OTA: Rs 56,100/-p.m.(Starting pay in Level 10)