1. Exam: Combined Medical Services Examination 2020
2. Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the examination:
i. All candidates (male/female/transgender) are requested to carefully read the Rules of Combined Medical Services Examination notified by the Government (Ministry of Health & Family Welfare) and this Notice of Examination derived from these Rules.
ii. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
iii. Mere issue of e-Admit Card to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission
3. Centres of Examination: The centres and the dates of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur.
ii. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice
4. (a) The Services/Posts to which recruitment is to be made and the approximate number of vacancies to be filled are given below :-
i. Category-I: Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service – 182
(i) Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways.- 300
(ii) Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service. – 66
(iii) General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council. – 04
(iv) General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 07
6. Physical and Medical Standards: Candidates must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Examination 2020 as per regulations contained in Appendix III to the Rules of the Examination.
7. Assistant Divisional MEDICAL Officer in the Railways : (a) The post of Assistant Division al Medical Officer in the Indian Railway Health Service is in Group A Junior Scale in level 10 of Pay Matrix (Pre Revised PB-3, Rs. 15,600-39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) and it carries Non-Practising Allowance as per rules/orders in force from time to time. Private practice is prohibited. The candidate will be bound to observe the orders which the Ministry of Railways or any other competent authority may issue from time to time restricting or prohibiting private practice by him/her.
(b) A candidate will be appointed on probation for a period of One year which may be extended by the Government if considered necessary. On satisfactory completion of the probation, candidates will be eligible for confirmation in the junior scale of the Indian Railway Medical Service.
8. Posts of Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service under the Ministry of Defence.
(i) The Post are temporary in Group A but likely to be made permanent in due course.
(ii) Pay level 10 of the pay matrix plus NPA (as per rate and rules in vogue and as amended from time to time.
(iii) Promotional avenues to higher grades are available as per the provisions of IOFHS rules and the orders issued by the Government from time to time.
(iv) The Candidate can be posted in any of the Ordnance Factory Hospitals or dispensaries in the country. These are currently situated in the following locations Andhra PradeshYeddumailaram; Bihar-Nalanda; Chandigarh; Madhya Pradesh-Jabalpur Itarsi, Katni; Maharashtra-Ambernath, Pune, Nagpur, Bhandara, Bhusawal, Chandarpur, Dehu Road, Varangaon, Uttar Pradesh- Kanpur, Muradnagar, Shajahanpur, Hazratpur, Korwah; Tamil Nadu-Chennai, Tiruchirapalli, Aruvankadu; West Bengal-Kolkata; Utttaranchal, Dehradun; Odisha-Bolangir
9. Junior Scale posts in the Central Health Service.
(a) The posts are temporary but likely to continue indefinitely. Candidates will be appointed to Junior Group ‘A’ scale and they will be on probation for the period of 2 years from the date of appointment which may be curtailed or extended at the discretion of the competent authority. They will be confirmed after the satisfactory completion of probation subject to availability of permanent posts.
(b) The candidates can be posted anywhere in India in any dispensary or hospital under any organisation participating in the Central Health Service viz. C.G.H.S. operating at Delhi, Bangalore, Bombay, Meerut, Lakshadweep Andaman and Nicobar Islands, P&T department etc. Private practice of any kind whatsoever including lab and consultant practice is prohibited.
(c) The scale of pay admissible to the Medical Officer of CHS is in the Level-10 (Rs. 56,100 to Rs.1,77,500/-) of the pay matrix and NPA as per orders issued by the Government from time to time, and the promotional avenues will be available as per the provision of CHS Rules, 2014 and the orders and instructions issued by the Government from time to time.
10. General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council: (a) Pay Matrix Level-10 Rs. 56,100-1,77,500/- + restricted Non-practicing allowance (NPA).
(b) Ordinary rules regarding pensions, gratuity, confirmation etc. as enforced in the Council from time to time will be applicable.
(c) The candidate will be on probation for a period of two years from the date of appointment which may be extended at the discretion of the competent authority. On satisfactory completion of the probation period will continue in the temporary capacity till confirmed against the permanent vacancy.
(d) The candidate can be posted anywhere within the jurisdiction of the N.D.M.C. in any of the hospital/dispensaries/M & C family welfare Centres/Primary Health Centres etc. (e) Private practice of any kind whatsoever is prohibited.
(f) The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice on either side during the period of probation and thereafter, while employed in temporary capacity, NDMC reserves the right to one month’s pay in lieu of notice.
(g) GDMO shall be entitled for promotion as Senior Medical Officer in the Pay Matrix Level–11 Rs.67700-208700/- and from Senior Medical Officer to Chief Medical Officer in the Pay Matrix Level-12 Rs.78800-209200/- and from Chief Medical Officer to Chief Medical Officer (Nonfunctional Selection Grade) in the Pay Matrix Level–13 Rs.118500-214100/- and Senior Administrative Grade Pay Matrix Level–14 Rs.144200-218200/-.
11. General Duty Medical Officer Gr.II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation:
(i) Salary at the minimum of first cell of Rs.56,100/- in the level 10 of the Pay Matrix under 7th CPC (corresponding to pre-revised scale in PB–3 Rs.15600-39100+GP Rs.5400/-)plus NPA and other admissible allowances as per rules.
(ii) The candidates will be on probation for a period of two year from the date of appointment which may be curtailed or extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority. On satisfactory completion of the probation period, he will continue in the temporary post till confirmed against the permanent vacancy.
(iii) The candidate can be posted anywhere within the jurisdiction of the East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation in anyone of the Hospital/Dispensaries/M&CW and Family Welfare Centres/Primary Health Centres etc.
12. Educational Qualification: For admission to the examination a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.