All candidates (male/female/transgender) are requested to carefully read the Rules of Indian Economic Service Examination notified by the Government (Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs) and this Notice of Examination derived from these Rules. Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test. The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
1. Exam: Indian Economic Service Examination 2020
2. The centres and the date of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres, except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata and Ahmedabad. Allotment of Centres will be on the “first-applyfirst allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a Centre of their Choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice
3. Eligibility Conditions :
A candidate must be either :—
(a) a citizen of India; or
(b) a subject of Nepal; or
(c) a subject of Bhutan; or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India; or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India :
4. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) & (e) above shall be person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
5. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
6. Minimum Educational Qualifications : A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/ Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
7. Physical Standards : Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020 as per Regulations given in Appendix III of the rules for the Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020 published in Gazette of India dated 11th August, 2020.
8. The candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be entertained. All the examination centres for the examination will cater to the examination for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities also.
9. The approximate number of vacancies to be filled through the Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020 is 15.
NOTE : 01 vacancy has been kept reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the category of Deaf or Hard of Hearing.