A walk-in-interview will be held at-Institute of Wood Science & Technology, P.O. Malleswaram, Bangalore for the positions of Junior Research Fellow, and Junior Project Fellows in the following research projects purely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project period. Interested and eligible candidates are requested to attend the walk-in-interview on the specified date and time.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
2. Project: Development of SSR markers and assessment of genetic diversity of natural populations of Pterocarpus santalinus L. f. distributed in the Eastern Ghats, India Pl: Dr, H.R. Prabuddha, IFS SFM Division
3. Duration: 2 years
4. No of Post: 01
5. Essential and Desirable Qualification: (a) First Class M.Sc/ M. Tech. in Bio-informatics/ Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology/Genetics and Plant Breeding (b) Candidates should have qualified in NET
6. Desirable: Research knowledge and experience in Population sampling in the field, DNA and RNA isolation, Genomic and transcriptome sequencing and analyse raw primary data generated by Illumina next generation sequencing platform, SSR, SNP and EST analysis insilico analysis of polymorphic markers, Genotyping/ Genetic diversity analysis and report writing
7. Emoluments: Rs.31 ,000/- per month + HRA as admissible