The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) is a premier autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Government of India, in the field of wildlife research, teaching and training. The Institute invites application from the Indian nationals for the position of Project Scientist (02), Junior Research Fellow (04), Senior Research Fellow (01), Junior Project Fellow (08), Senior Project Associate (01) Project Associate (05), Project Fellow (4), Junior Technical Assistant (05), Research Assistant (05), Laboratory Assistant (01) through a Qualifying test followed by Interview(s).
1. Name of Project: Assessment of spatial and temporal occupancy of tiger and elephant in relation to habitat characteristics and anthropogenic factors for the creation of EcoSensitive Areas in Sawantwadi and Dodamarg talukas of Sindhudurg district in Western Ghats of Maharashtra, India
2. Position and no: Laboratory Assistant 01 no.
3. Fellowship: Rs. 20000 + HRA
4. Duration: 18 months
5. Qualification: EQ: B.Sc. (Life Sciences) DQ: Preference will be given to candidate having Lab experience in DNA extraction, PCR amplification, electrophoresis and genetic data analysis and higher qualification.
6. Description of work: Required to visit areas of Maharashtra and Karnataka for data and samples collection and undertake required analysis